COMPLETE DENTAL PRACTICE TEAM TRAINING
Initial and ongoing effective dental office receptionist training is essential for converting calls into consultations and consultations into sales
Effective Sales Training for Dental Receptionists and Front Desk Teams
Knowing how to properly handle calls at the front desk is critical for your practice’s success. Many dental consultants and doctors feel that the most critical, most important job at your dental practice is answering the phone in the best ways possible. Your new patient calls are your future revenue stream.
Your front desk team must be positive and outgoing and know how to successfully convert incoming calls into consultations and appointments.
You are an amazing dentist, but how will patients ever know about your dental expertise and chair-side manner if your dental receptionists can’t convert new patient calls into consultations or sales?
Our marketing strategies can routinely deliver you the Best Dental SEO, Google Ads, Facebook, and other social media marketing, making your phone ring with potential new patients. What good is it to your practice if your front desk team cannot convert these new incoming calls into consultations and consultations into sales?
Without a well-trained receptionist and front desk team, the most critical part of the sales success cycle is failing you. DDS customer service has to be perfect to get high-paying new patients.
Our dental marketing agency realizes this and works with your front desk team and treatment coordinators to teach the best techniques and strategies to convert new calls into consultations and consultations into sales. When necessary, we can even role-play to help your front desk team have the confidence and capability they need to succeed.
Your best plan would be for you to listen to every call that comes into your front desk so you can be sure your practice is not losing the sales before they begin. Of course, as a busy dentist, this is impractical for you, so we do it for you.
Our success team listens to every call that comes from our successful marketing results. We will send you recordings of the best and worst calls handled by your front desk team so that you will routinely and effectively build your sales success. Once your receptionist and front desk teams know their calls are being recorded and YOU hear them, they will consistently do a better job for you.
Your dental receptionist training plays perhaps the most critical and crucial role in the success of your dental practice. The training we provide to your front desk team will focus on key aspects of their duties.
Our dental receptionist and front desk team training includes:
- Learning how to answer new patient calls with positivity: This is the most important moment, the moment when a patient decides if they are going to come in and meet you or choose another dentist. Your receptionist team needs to make a friendly and positive connection with the caller to convince them to become a new patient and to choose your practice.
- Learning how to never answer price questions over the phone: It is normal for humans to want to answer questions. Where price is concerned, this cannot be allowed to happen. If a potential patient calls and says,” I just saw your Invisalign Ad, how much is it?” It is the responsibility of your front desk team to convert this caller to a FREE Invisalign consultation, NOT to give a price over the phone.
- How to greet the patients on the phone: Your receptionist needs to be friendly, warm, and kind. They need to project their smile through their voice, show empathy, and make patients feel welcome. Listening to untrained front desk calls, you will hear many receptionists clearly view answering the phone as an interruption to their work. When in actuality, it is the most important part of their work.
- Screening for the best new patients: Your receptionist needs to be able to assess whether a patient is a good fit for your dental practice. They need to ask open-ended questions to understand their needs and concerns. For instance, is the patient looking for a dentist that takes Medicaid or Medicare coverage? It’s best to find this out before scheduling a new patient to avoid a bad experience and a potentially bad review.
- Patient preparation process: Your receptionist needs to set the expectations for the new patient and let them know any information they may need to bring with them for their first appointment.
- The best way to keep your receptionist team functioning at 100% efficiency: We know of a company that charges $20,000 for only two days of training on effective ways to answer the phones and schedule patient appointments. We have attended their courses and reviewed their content, and we know that our training is better for many reasons.
- Making your training investment pay off: If you invest this kind of money in training, and two years down the road you have new people at your front desk, all of that money, and all of that investment was wasted. We provide ongoing online video portal training and one-on-one personal training. Have you got a new front desk team member? Just let us know, and we will handle the training.
- Most important and critical to your understanding: Because we listen to all your marketing calls daily and provide the best possible sales feedback loop for you, the practice owner, we let you know the moment when your front desk may be slipping.
- Together we address front desk issues immediately: Your practice success depends on consistent, effective, charismatic, empathetic, and friendly front desk calls. This is how you keep that sales success cycle working flawlessly.
- We teach your front desk team how to make a personal and permanent connection with each patient: If there is an issue, the patient will call their front desk connection rather than instinctively leave you a one-star review.
- We teach your front desk team how to verify that each patient had an exceptional experience during their visit: Once verified, we teach your front desk team how to positively and persuasively ask for five-star reviews.
- Online reviews are the most critical way people view you and your practice: We train your team to maximize these great reviews and learn to minimize and reduce the bad ones. If you don’t routinely train your front desk team on these skills, you’re setting yourself up for long-term problems.
- Dental office manager training: The best training for dental office managers is provided by many different pieces of content and books and is best handled in the monthly book club training.
Social Dental NOW has perfected the patient checkout procedure. Following our guidelines, you can get 400% more positive 5-star reviews and drop bad reviews to almost zero.
Want to know how to make this happen? Schedule a FREE meeting with us, and we will show you how.